The Academic Consortium
All Universities and Higher Education Institutions that will host our students are invited to become members of the Academic Consortium. Participating universities commit to grant at least full or partial tuition fees waivers to Syrian students for at least one academic year. As members of the Consortium, Universities will have the opportunity to share their experiences, contribute to international best practices and provide advice about questions of common interest. All Consortium members are also eligible for special grants that may be used to supplement scholarships provided by their institutions.
The most important members of the Academic Consortium are:
- Belgium – Université Libre de Bruxelles.
- Brazil: Universidade de São Paulo.
- Iraq – American University of Sulaimani; University of Dohuk; University of Sulaymaniyah.
- Lebanon – Université de Saint Joseph; Lebanese International University.
- Portugal: Universidade de Lisboa, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Universidade do Porto, Universidade de Coimbra, Universidade do Minho, Universidade de Aveiro, Universidade de Évora, Universidade da Beira Interior, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto & Lisbon), Universidade do Algarve, Instituto Politécnico do Porto, Instituto Politécnico de Bragança, Instituto Politécnico da Guarda, Creative University (IADE), Universidade Lusófona (Porto & Lisbon), Instituto Politécnico de Tomar, Universidade Europeia de Lisboa, Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, University Institute of Lisbon ISCTE.
- Switzerland – Université de Genève.
This is a multi-stakeholders initiative open to new partnerships, commitments and pledges - JOIN IN!
JOIN OUR COMMITMENT!
A core component of our Commitment to Action is to expand the IIE Syria Consortium for Higher Education in Crisis, a group of universities and colleges around the world who will offer scholarships to assist Syrian students to resume their studies. By joining these efforts made by the Global Platform for Syrian Students, your will contribute to meet our goal aimed at providing 700 new scholarships for Syrian students for academic year 2015-2016.